Download: MP3 Audio
Items mentioned in the show:
- StickerMule is making some awesome stickers for us
- Wynn and Adam received their Hubcap stickers as well
- CI Joe is GitHub’s continuous integration server
- Knowing is half the battle
- Jenkins née Hudson is the leading open-source continuous integration server. Built with Java, it provides over 300 plugins to support building and testing virtually any project.
- Kohsuke Kawaguchi is the creator of Jenkins
- Andrew Bayer is a Build Engineer at Cloudera
- Nearly 30K Jenkins installations worldwide
- Jenkins is written in Java but with its rich plugin system, you can run almost anything with it
- Jenkins supports Git, Mercurial, SVN, and even Visual SourceSafe
- Jenkins does more than running tests, it can also do parameterized deploys
- GitHub has fueled an explosion in Jenkins community growth
- Wynn asks why Java is only 6% of GitHub projects
- Funny cartoon on how language fanboys see one another
- Git and GitHub adoption actually sparked the name change and Oracle split
- The community voted 214-14 to rename
- Andy addresses how plugins will migrate to the new name. Thanks, Matthew J McCullough.
- At what point do projects look at a jQuery Foundation-style governance model?
- Hudson was the butler in Upstairs, Downstairs
- Alfred, the butler from Batman was a consideration, but conflicted with the Mac program
- James Clark is Kohsuke’s programming hero
- Kohsuke and Lisp’s Guy Steele are Andrew’s heroes
- MZ Scheme now Racket makes Kenneth’s head hurt
- Andrew recommends Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs from MIT
- As a build guy, Selenium gets Andrew excited
- Kohsuke is trying to hack the Airport Express to stream tunes from Linux
Have comments? Send a tweet to @TheChangelog on Twitter.
Subscribe to The Changelog Weekly – our weekly email covering everything that hits our open source radar.