Steve and Wynn caught up with Wayne Seguin to talk about his Ruby enVironment Manager and BDSM shell scripting framework projects.
Download: MP3 Audio
Items mentioned in the show:
- Look us up at LSRC V next week.
- Madison Ruby Conference August 19-20, 2011 in Madison, WI.
- Wayne Seguin, developer at EngineYard, creator of RVM and BDSM.
- RVM is a command line tool which allows us to easily install, manage and work with multiple ruby environments from interpreters to sets of gems.
- BDSM aims to create a framework for maintaining and sharing server side scripts while exposing them through a consistent command line interface (CLI).
- Dr. Nic Williams, Wayne’s boss was on Episode 0.5.0
- Peter Cooper helped get the word out about RVM.
- Michal Papis has been giving Wayne a hand with RVM and BDSM.
- Ryan McGeary says “Vendor Everything” while Wayne says he vendors nothing and uses rvm gemsets in most cases.
- Bundler now plays nice with RVM.
- Using BDSM, you can create consistent service interfaces for everything in your stack.
Have comments? Send a tweet to @TheChangelog on Twitter.
Subscribe to The Changelog Weekly – our weekly email covering everything that hits our open source radar.