Download: MP3 Audio
Items mentioned in the show:
- DocumentCloud – an index of primary source documents and a tool for annotating, organizing and publishing them on the web.
- Haskell – an advanced purely functional programming language
- Everything in CoffeeScript is an expression
- Switch statements in CoffeeScript compile to if/else chains
- CoffeeScript has powerful comprehensions for Arrays, Objects, and Ranges
- Existential operator should look familiar to Rubyists
- ECMAScript Harmony
- CoffeeScript’s String Interpolation
- CoffeeScript’s Class/inheritance features
- Function binding – as President Clinton said “It depends on what your definition of ‘this’ is…” ;-)
- Jeremy loves working with
<canvas>to create Buddhabrot Fractals
- Node.js finds its way into every episode!
- NPM is the new standard for Node Package Management
- Lincoln Shire Poacher – RaphaelJS graphics from Chris Lloyd
- Underscore.js – featured in Episode 0.0.5
- @CoffeeScript – Unofficial Twitter account
- Join us in #coffeescript on Freenode
Have comments? Send a tweet to @TheChangelog on Twitter.
Subscribe to The Changelog Weekly – our weekly email covering everything that hits our open source radar.