Download: MP3 Audio
Items mentioned in the show:
- WebSocket is a technology providing for bi-directional, full-duplex communications channels, over a single Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) socket, designed to be implemented in web browsers and web servers.
- Socket.IO provides a really simple API to leverage Sockets on the client side.
- Socket.IO Node.JS server – sockets for the rest of us (in Node.js)
- Pusher App Hosted HTML5 web sockets service
- Websocket-js A Flash fallback for browsers that do not support Websockets
- Long polling Traditional approach to emulating push for web apps
- HAProxy reliable, high performance TCP/HTTP load balancer
- True Story A collaborative planning tool for agile teams
- HTML5 Event Source A one-way websocket with limited browser support
- Node Websocket Server Micheil’s websocket server written in low-level node.js, should be 90-100% spec compatible.
- Hummingbird demo – a real time traffic visualizer
- MongoDB Awesome NoSQL database featured on Episode 0.0.7
- Redis an advanced key-value store. It is similar to memcached but the dataset is not volatile, and values can be strings, exactly like in memcached, but also lists, sets, and ordered sets.
- EM-Websocket EventMachine based WebSocket server from Ilya Grigorik
- Node.js YUI3 bindings YUI3 on the server?!
- Telehash – a new wire protocol from Jeremie Miller, the guy behind XMPP, for exchanging JSON in a real-time and fully decentralized manner, enabling applications to connect directly and participate as servers on the edge of the network.
Have comments? Send a tweet to @TheChangelog on Twitter.
Subscribe to The Changelog Weekly – our weekly email covering everything that hits our open source radar.