Download: MP3 Audio
Items mentioned in the show:
- Follow the YUI Blog for the latest developments, such as the new 3.3.0 release
- Adam Moore and Satyen Desai are engineers on the YUI team.
- The Autocomplete widget provides a flexible, configurable, and accessible implementation of the AutoComplete design pattern.
- The DataTable widget renders columnar data into a highly customizable and fully accessible HTML table
- The Dial widget is an alternative to sliders
- The Community developed the drag/move component
- YUI is on GitHub, fueling community involvement
- Douglas Crockford is the author of JSLint, the JSON spec, featured on Episode 0.2.6 from TXJS
- Eric Miraglia is the Engineering Manager for the YUI team
- Dave Glass – has a great talk about YUI + Node
- “I love async, but I can’t code like this”
- Many of the additional Node.js modules deal with parallel execution
- Adam suggests targeting features, not platform since features like touch will be on the desktop eventually.
- Satyen’s talk on YUI’s mobile strategy
- The YUI Gallery lists discoverable components contributed by the community
Have comments? Send a tweet to @TheChangelog on Twitter.
Subscribe to The Changelog Weekly – our weekly email covering everything that hits our open source radar.