Wynn sat down with Sean and Brian from Spree to talk about ecommerce in Rails, SpreeConf, and their recent $1.5M funding round.
Download: MP3 Audio
Items mentioned in the show:
- Sean Schofield, Spree founder and CEO of Spree Commerce, Inc.
- Brian Quinn, long time Spree contributor and CTO of SpreeCommerce
- Spree (née RailsCart) is a Rails engine that provides an out-of-the box, customizable ecommerce platform.
- Spree fully integrates into the Rails 3.1 Asset pipeline
- Rails engines have accelerated Spree adoption
- Spree is built on actively maintained community projects including Devise, Kaminari, Paperclip, ResourceController, State Machine, and ActiveMerchant.
- Spree recently closed a $1.5M funding round
- SpreeConf is geared to both business and developer audiences
- Everybody loves Sticker Mule
- Shoedazzle and SecondLife run highly customized versions of Spree.
- Spree has a growing list of community extensions.
- RailsDog Radio is a great showcase of Spree functionality. Grab the source on GitHub
- If you actually need a satellite radio, check out TSS Radio.
- Spree will unbox a new demo installation on Heroku just for you.
- Deface allows you to customize HTML ERB views in a Rails application without editing the underlying view.
- Ryan Bigg, Ruby Hero and co-author of Rails 3 in Action has joined Spree as community manager.
- Like Changelog Episodes, Spree is not SemVer compliant.
- Sean wants to explore using RailsAdmin into Spree
Have comments? Send a tweet to @TheChangelog on Twitter.
Subscribe to The Changelog Weekly – our weekly email covering everything that hits our open source radar.