Wynn caught up with Mitchell Hashimoto from the Vagrant project to talk about virtualized environments, DevOps, and more.
Items mentioned in the show:
- We’re now @TheChangelog on Twitter.
- Mitchell Hashimoto from Vagrant.
- Vagrant is a tool for building and distributing virtualized development environments by providing automated creation and provisioning of virtual machines using Oracle’s VirtualBox.
- Vagrant is currently a Ruby gem.
- Mitchell uses Vagrant to test his Chef cookbooks, featured in Episode 0.3.8.
- Travis CI uses Vagrant extensively.
- Show Travis some love, tell ‘em to come on The Changelog.
- Mitchell just returned from FOSDEM.
- John Bender has helped out Mitchell with Vagrant.
- VeeWee: the tool to easily build vagrant base boxes or KVM, VirtualBox, and Fusion images.