Wynn caught up with Ruben and Matt from Cloud 9 to talk about what’s new with their IDE in the cloud.
Download: MP3 Audio
Items mentioned in the show:
- Ruben Daniels is the CEO of Cloud9.
- Matt Pardee is a developer & evangelist for Cloud9.
- Tim Caswell was on a previous episode is an employee at Cloud9.
- Cloud9 is the README editor at GitHub.
- Ruben was on a previous episode of The Changelog talking about ajax.org.
- The Cloud9 IDE runs on a Node server.
- VFS is an open source virtual file system implementation for node.js.
- Sublime Text is a cross platform text editor.
- Heroku and JoyentCloud are cloud application platforms.
- Selenium is used for browser automation.
- Express is an open source node.js web framework.
- NPM is a package manager for node.js.
- Pastebin and gist are both ways to share snippets and pastes.
- Architect is an open source plugin system for node applications.
- Matt’s programming hero is Linus Torvalds.
Have comments? Send a tweet to @TheChangelog on Twitter.
Subscribe to The Changelog Weekly – our weekly email covering everything that hits our open source radar.