OpenHack is a meetup with a simple purpose: Code together, on anything.
We’d love to start OpenHack in as many cities as possible. This site is meant to facilitate starting new OpenHack groups, but isn’t meant to actually “run” or “RSVP” for groups.
If you want to start an OpenHack in your city, just fork the openhack.github.com repo and follow the instructions at openhack.github.com/yours. If you have feedback or issues with the process, open an issue and ask for help.
BTW, I love how issues are used with this project, not to mention, the OpenHack site(s) are hosted on GitHub for free.
Copy and pasted from the homepage:
- You can hack on anything! Any language, framework, public/open-source, personal, etc.
- You don’t have to have an idea to hack on! You’re more than welcome to come just to pair with someone.
- Start off with a quick round of introductions (every night!), to say who you are, what you’re working on, and if you’d like help with your idea.
- Provide food and some coffee/drinks for attendees. Sponsors will help immensely with funding this.
- Someone has to host the meetup. That person is in charge of ordering food and starting off the intro.
- Don’t go too late. 9-10pm is good. Focus usually wanes by this point, for obvious reasons! Maybe if there’s interest head to a bar for more discussion.
What are you waiting for? OpenHack your city.