Adam, Kenneth, and Wynn round up the news from a busy October on The Changelog.
Download: MP3 Audio
Items mentioned in the show:
- Kenneth is very excited about Conan’s return to late night
- nubnub – PubSubHubbub client/server for Node.js
- SocketTornad.IO – Server-side Websockets for Tornado and Socket.io
- space-tweet – Good tweets vs. bad tweets in Node, Socket.IO, MooTools
- Wynn loves this shirt from Busted Tees
- Fugue – Unicorn for Node.js. See also Gunicorn
- Adam tells you how to fund your open source project including Flattr
- WePay drops 600 pounds of ice at a PayPal conference
- Adam loves Venmo
- Adam and Kenneth would love it if you draft them on Dribbble.
- Erik’s multi_xml gem does for XML what multi_json does for JSON and Tilt does for templates.
- Quebert continues the game theme
- bash-it, the community Bash framework inspired by oh-my-zsh. Wynn uses Kenneth’s zsh theme. Adam doesn’t know what he uses.
- Gury – a chainable wrapper on top of
- node-canvas renders
<canvas>on the server, served up to the browser as a PNG.
- orona – blow stuff up in this browser-based tank game
SpermTadpoles swimming around in space, powered by Websockets.
- modernizr-server brings the magic of Modernizr to the server
- rack-modernizr – a Ruby-rack port of modernizr-server
- Handlebars.rb wraps Handlebars.js so you can call it from Ruby.
- sparkup is a new way to write markup using CSS selectors, inspired by Zen Coding
- Adam likes Kenneth’s kcode project
- twich php + node.js realtime web-based chat
- scrobbyl – Scrobble your vinyl collection to Last.fm
- Wynn relates a lightning talk he saw at LSRC about Smustard, a companion to Google SketchUp.
- How not to write a book, the hard way
- Defunkt has updated hurl
Have comments? Send a tweet to @TheChangelog on Twitter.
Subscribe to The Changelog Weekly – our weekly email covering everything that hits our open source radar.