Download: MP3 Audio
Items mentioned in the show:
- Paul Irish – Chrome dev relations guy at Google.
- “HTML5 is a jewel that we need to cut into a weapon” – Dion /via Yehuda Katz
- Adam is in love with GitHub’s new editor powered by Cloud 9
- HTML5 Boilerplate contains a set of best practices to use as a starting point for new projects or pick what you need a la cart.
- Boilerplate now includes Normalize.css, a customisable CSS file that makes browsers render all elements more consistently and in line with modern standards.
- Normalize is a collaboration between Nicolas Gallagher and Jonathan Neal
- rack-modernizr from Marshall Yount brings Modernizr to the server
- Paul coined the term FOUT – Flash Of Unstyled Text.
- HTML5 polyfills implant html5 functionality in browsers that don’t natively support them.
- Paul makes micro microapps for CSS3, text shadows, and HSL picking.
- Paul is a fan of Chris Coyer of CSS Tricks
- Need an idea for a weekend project, check out Paul’s Lazy Web Requests
Have comments? Send a tweet to @TheChangelog on Twitter.
Subscribe to The Changelog Weekly – our weekly email covering everything that hits our open source radar.