Download: MP3 Audio
Items mentioned in the show:
- Superfeedr – pushes realtime data at scale using PubSubHubBub and XMPP.
- PubSubHubHub – simple, open, server-to-server web-hook-based pubsub (publish/subscribe) protocol as an extension to Atom and RSS.
- XMPP – Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) is an open technology for real-time communication and generalized routing of XML data.
- Discovery links in feeds
- Superfeeder has some big names among its publishers and subscribers
- Gowalla demo using websockets and Gowalla’s hub.
- Twitter’s streaming APIs
- Considerations for PubSubHubBub vs. XMPP
- Superfeedr’s GitHub profile
- EventMachine and Node.js are cool
- Julien loves Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Superfeedr’s list of popular feeds, firehose of the blogosphere
- Redis’ as a pubsub store
- Chef from Opscode is serious cool for setting up servers
Have comments? Send a tweet to @TheChangelog on Twitter.
Subscribe to The Changelog Weekly – our weekly email covering everything that hits our open source radar.