Wynn caught up with Mike Hostetler and Scott González from AppendTo to talk about Amplify.js, jQuery, CoffeeScript, Microsoft, the web, and open source.
Download: MP3 Audio
Items mentioned in the show:
- AppendTo offers training and consulting for
- Amplify.js is a set of components designed to solve common web
application problems with a simplistic API.
- Mike Hostetler is CEO at
- Scott González works on
providing hooks for mocking transport and payload transformation.
amplify.storeis a wrapper for various persistent client-side
storage systems and provides advanced features such as cache
- Amplify’s PubSub system provides
offers advanced options for handling custom events including priority.
- The AppendTo guys weigh in on the all-in-one vs. best-of-breed
- Wynn asks how Microsoft’s adoption of
jQuery has led to its adoption.
- DamianEdwards worked to get jQuery UI packages for
- Rails now includes CoffeeScript by default.
- Wynn loves
- CommonJS aims to create a standard library
- Keep an eye out for AppendTo’s new Learn
Have comments? Send a tweet to @TheChangelog on Twitter.
Subscribe to The Changelog Weekly – our weekly email covering everything that hits our open source radar.